This is simple and good for beginners.
- Use a square piece of paper. Fold it diagonally one way and then the other diagonal way. Unfold.
- Fold in the corners to the middle where the diagonal creases intersect.
- Fold in the corners two more times.
- Unfold the outermost flaps partway. Do the same with the 2 more sets of flaps. You may have to crease the flaps to make them stay up.
- Enjoy your simple (but squarish) origami water lily.
- Try making one of these, coloring the folded flower the way you want, unfold it, copy the pattern on another piece of paper and then fold according to the instructions.
- Paper cuts can hurt quite badly so be careful.
EditThings You’ll Need
- A square piece of paper.
- Something to color the paper with (optional)
- Fold a Paper Crane
- Create an Origami Frog Family and Lily Pads to Live On
- Make an Origami Puppet
- Fold a Note Into a Heart